
The very fitting title comes from the U2 song. :-) The above picture comes from the many pictures I took on Saturday's river cruise. The cruise was really cool, with its breathtaking views and refreshing breeze. It was nice just to relax and chill for a while, something I haven't done at all this summer. On Sunday, we had yet another meal for my cousin, this time for his college entrance exams. He got a high enough score to get into the college he was recommended for. He was rather disappointed because his score was much lower than those of his classmates, but they are still going to upper-tier colleges like his. So it's all good. =D (Getting into college is a lot different in China than the US. It's a long story which I would be happy to explain...later.) My aunt and uncle think my cousin slacked off on preparing for the exams because he had already been recommended for the upper-tier colleges and only had to get a certain lower score to get in. (It's a confusing process, but not as complicated as applying for college in the US.) Nevertheless, we're all really happy for him. Next, they'll be watching me, since I'm the next person in my family to go to college. Pressure's on... :O
Today, I have to pack, since tomorrow we are leaving! I have a lot to reflect on: mixed feelings, mostly, but I'm too lazy to dwell on it now. I might think about it on the long plane ride home if I don't sleep most of the time. (Probably not gonna happen...) So yeah, this is my last post from here. It's nice to finally say I'm coming home, although as always, part of me will miss Shanghai.
See you guys back in the good old USA!
2 comments:
Good job to your cousin!
Have a good flight back! (or as good as you can)
that picture is really pretty.. have a safe trip!
Post a Comment