This is kind of a response to kibberon's enlightening post from yesterday. (http://kibberon.blogspot.com/2008/08/complaining-is-essential-to-my-being.html) I've had some of the same issues with blogging. A lot of times, I post about something else, like current events or movies, but at the same time, I figure it's my own blog, so I should probably write more about myself. And yet, current events and the arts really reflect my interests and who I am, so I guess it's still remotely about me. It's a tough call, since sometimes I'm unsure if I want to write about my personal feelings on the Internet. Other times, I feel like my life is too uneventful to write about, and most of my posts end up being about school and how busy I am. That's the problem I had with my old blog, which I deleted because I wanted a fresh start. Maybe I should post more about myself, even it's mundane. It would help to put my feelings in words, although that can be very difficult. And, I think I should try to post more often, but that will soon become a challenge when school starts.
Onwards to the usual stuff: in Olympic happenings, I was glad last night's coverage only went until midnight. Michael Phelps won the 100 fly by 0.01 seconds! That was an intense race, and he won because of one thing he did. The Serbian swimmer who almost beat him used momentum to glide towards the wall, but Michael added an extra stroke to get there faster. With this gold, Michael has now tied the legendary Mark Spitz, who, up until now, was the only person ever to win 7 golds in one Olympics, at the 1972 Games. Michael came up one gold short in Athens, but did it this time around. And, if the US wins the 4x100 medley relay, Michael will break Spitz's record. So get ready for more history to be made.
At the moment, I'm waiting for the mail, which should have my schedule. Now to some irony: I received the new issue of Entertainment Weekly yesterday, and it was the extensive Fall Movie Preview issue that's gonna take me a good 2 weeks to get through unless I just sit and read everything for a couple hours. It's my favorite issue of the year, besides the very cool Holiday Movie Preview in November. Harry Potter/Daniel Radcliffe graces the cover, in anticipation of the new HP flick. But on Thursday, Warner Brothers announced they were pushing the release back from 11/21 to 7/17/09! (http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/08/news-flash-harr.html) I guess EW didn't get the news in advance, even though both are owned by the same parent company, TimeWarner. Ironic, but minorly amusing. But it means we have to wait 8 extra months. :( I have to end this post now. That's another thing I have to do: make my posts shorter!
EDIT: I guess it wasn't too long compared to some other posts.
3 comments:
thanks for responding! and yes it's sad about harry potter getting pushed back. eight months. it seems like it's the nature of things to always be waiting.
Bleah, 8 extra months for more HP.
Yes yes yes! Post more about yourself! And you are not in the least mundane!!!!
(and again) yay, Michael Phelps!
I can't believe we didn't get our schedules yet...
Aah! Evil parents! !#$@^#&$^&@*(!
Post a Comment