Note: sorry about the lack of organization (like always) in this post.
I had a busy weekend, so I only got to see the last 20 min. of the Emmys on Sunday. However, I did get to see "30 Rock" win Best Comedy for the second year in a row! It also won Best Actor and Actress in a Comedy (Alec Baldwin & Tina Fey), as well as Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series (Tina Fey). For those of you unaware of this, I hardly ever find the time to watch TV, but "30 Rock" is one of a select few shows I try very hard to watch regularly. It is pure comic genius, so check it out when the 3rd season premieres on Oct. 30.
Another week, more busyness. Right now I'm taking a little break from studying for a Pre-Calc test tomorrow, which I'm a little worried about. I mean, compared to the average person my age, I guess I'm good at math, but personally, I would not consider it a subject I enjoy or excel at. It takes me a long time to grasp certain concepts, and I have to study them over and over again to get them right. We had our first Student Council meeting Monday...very routine. I'm on Staff Appreciation Committee this year, so we basically have to plan activities for the staff. Mainly, we organize a monthly breakfast and little things for them during the holidays, birthdays, and such. Even though it's not the most interesting committee, it's another one of my activities and one more way to get involved. The one thing I am looking forward to this week is my journalistic writing apprenticeship on Friday. It's one of the enrichment activities for my school's gifted program. I get to go downtown for half a day every few weeks to take this journalism class with other gifted high schoolers in the area, taught by a college professor. Plus, a super-cool friend of mine takes it with me! She is actually the owner of the last blog on my blog list, but as you can see, she never updates it. :( Blog-wise: I've been tinkering with the sidebar; I'm getting a little bored of the design, so I might change a few things. For now, homework is calling, so have a good week everyone.
3 comments:
Lucky you... getting to miss half of every Friday... (pouts in corner) Which half though? Do you have to make up missed gym classes and such? That would be pretty awful.
It's not every Friday. It is the morning, when I have gym, but so far it hasn't fallen on the days I have gym. That will probably change later on.
Hope your calc test went well. Apologies for sounding like a shmuck, but I actually miss Calc.
The apprenticeship sounds very impressive. Good job! :D.
Post a Comment