On last night's SNL Weekend Update Thursday, Fred Armisen made me laugh so hard with his uncanny spoof of the "magic map" CNN (primarily Chief National Correspondent John King) uses for their election coverage. It's about mid-way through the clip.
It's been all over the Internet today, and here's what John King had to say on AC360 just about an hour after the episode aired.
Lol about what he said about Lou Dobbs. =D Currently, SNL's increasing relevance adds some biting satire to this intense election season. 10 days to go until Election Day!
I wasn't quite feeling "The Office" last night. There were too many plot lines to cover in barely 20 minutes, but everything has its highs and lows. An aside: I MISS PAM! :( The Crime Aid (Crime Reduces Innocence Makes Everyone Angry I Declare) auction was pretty creative, and the return of Roy was an interesting twist, although Roy has somewhat frightened me ever since the episode way back in Season 3 when he tried to kill Jim.
In other less important pop culture news, High School Musical 3 was released today. Expect movie theatres across the country to be teeming with obnoxious tweens and teeny-boppers, and SNL will probably mention it on tomorrow night's episode, so stay tuned. I never understood the big deal about that franchise. Perhaps it is b/c I am out of touch with my generation, which could be true, b/c most films I watch are not the typical things teenagers are interested in. Btw, is it supposed to appeal to tweens, teens, or both? It seems like its target audience is tweens, but I know people my age who love it as well. I'm not sure. But, I think the main explanation this baffles me is simply: it's a really stupid phenomenon. I apologize for my blunt remarks, but those who share my opinion would probably say the same. My posts have been rather uninspired lately (basically SNL videos, but TV can be inspirational), so bear with me while I try to find some more interesting material to write about. Have a good weekend!
3 comments:
Your foresight and social consciousness are so very impressive. It is a good thing you are already thinking about global issues, because by the time you are my age you would probably have solutions to these issues you care so deeply about =).
Yeah, I also don't get the High School Musical hoopla. I mean i'm in my 20s so I know I'm not their key demographic, but I have the same sense of bewilderment when it comes to Sex and the City.
I haven't had a chance to watch thursday's weekend update so thanks for posting that up.
I thought the best part of last night's the Office was when Michael said, if they couldn't find anything to auction they would put people up for sale, and the camera zoomed in on Stanley. I thought that was very clever.
LOLOLOLOLOL SNL is amazing.
I hate the HMS obsessive people who are all obnoxious about it. Grr.
Thanks. I'm rather flattered. :) Although, I'm not so sure I would have any real solutions to these issues. It's mostly b/c I have an avid interest in them, and I'll admit, I'm kind of a pessimist. Unfortunately, all of it makes me so different from most high schoolers. :/
Yes, the Stanley thing was very clever, since we all know how much Michael stereotypes and inadvertently offends people.
Post a Comment