The title, of course, is honor of the classic (well, kind of) SNL Digital Short, as well as the fact that it feels like that kind of day. Is it just me, or has the quality of the Digital Shorts decreased significantly since the days of Lazy Sunday, especially this season?
Speaking of SNL, last night's episode with John Malkovich hosting definitely hit some high notes. I enjoyed his monologue with the twisted 'Twas the Night Before Christmas, as well as the "Cool Obama" commercial and the sketch with Fred and John as twins who get a calculator for Christmas. (All have been uploaded to Hulu.com, so I'm too lazy to post the links) It was nice to see Amy back on Weekend Update, even though Seth soloing worked out pretty well.
I'm a bit late in posting this, but for the record, I just watched it now. More comedy, this time on Prop 8, courtesy of FunnyOrDie: (you'll definitely recognize some of the faces)
On a more serious note: Awards Watching update; this might become a regular feature.
-Lisa Schwartzbaum (Entertainment Weekly) 's reviews of Frost/Nixon and Doubt have me very interested in the former and quite frankly, worried for the latter. After reading reviews from other reliable sources, I think my sentiments are shared by others.
-Milk's rave reviews make me wonder when I'll have a chance to see it. Hopefully very soon.
-Last week brought the first precursors but not much to note, aside from the ongoing rise of Slumdog Millionaire. This week's precursors are much more significant, with the Broadcast Film Critics (BFCA) and New York (NYFCC), Los Angeles (LAFCA), and Chicago area critics announcing their nominees, as well as the Golden Globe nominations, all of which should spice things up a bit.
As for me, back to studying slant asymptotes and other such useless things for PreCalc...have a good week and stay warm (it's frigid here)!
In
comedy,
current events,
lists,
random,
retrospective,
television,
video
changetheworld360
7.12.08
3 comments:
Love the clip, it was hilarious! I totally forgot about this week's SNL. Must catch up soon.
G'luck with your calc test. Oh how I miss asymptotes!
I really didn't imagine Jack black as Jesus before this, now my mind has been tainted forever! But oh well. It was still very funny.
oh man i miss lazy sunday lol. i remember the days... i used to make reference to magnolia cupcakes all the time.
Post a Comment