No Surprises

Not surprisingly, I can't seem to concentrate today. I'm lacking in cohesive thoughts, hence the jumbled list form of today's dispatch.
-Apparently, Columbia is one of the greenest schools in the US. The environmentalist in me is very pleased to hear this. My application for the summer program is 80% complete, but I still need to finish that dreaded personal statement. Blerg.
-Getting ready for another trip, this time to Chicago for Wind Ensemble adjudication. I am eagerly looking forward to getting out of borderline dead suburbia and touring the Windy City, if it didn't have to come during what I like to call school's Spring Tempest. Looks like I will have to do loads of homework on the 9hr. bus ride.
-The drama on this week's Office episode was tense! Michael acted so differently around the new VP, like we've never seen him before. It was ironic: I didn't know whether to laugh or cry in the last part. (No spoilers in case you haven't seen it yet.)
-Speaking of The Office, John Krasinski stars with SNL alum Maya Rudolph in a new dramedy from American Beauty and Revolutionary Road director Sam Mendes, Away We Go. [trailer] It has the potential to be a great flick, and I've been looking forward to it for a while.
-RIP Natasha Richardson. It's devastating to hear about a tragic accident that didn't deserve to happen to such a classy actress. I'm ashamed to admit I haven't seen a lot of her many stage and screen credits, but growing up in the '90s, I loved her work in The Parent Trap.
-Fact: 60% of my Saturdays are spent procrastinating, stressing, lamenting, pondering, and writing pointless blog posts like this.
-Fact: Radiohead has a song for every mood. I wish I had their creativity.

4 comments:

BMLTV said...

I was thinking that you would like to come and be a contributing writer for My City Talk. If you are at the least bit interested could you please! email me at:
editor@norfolk.va.mycitytalk.com

www.mycitytalk.com

Best,
MCT/Collective Media

Zany said...

Have fun in Chicago. I am also looking forward to "Away We Go". The movie looks very promising.

Maria Sondule said...

Bleh. Good luck with hw. Disease's newspaper shall most likely be lacking an article from me....
Lol, I think everyone tries to relax on Saturday because they need a break from the long school week. That's where Sundays come in!

Anonymous said...

i've always wanted to go to chi-town! i do love cities.