Caption This: On the Set of Inception

I was browsing some movie blogs the other day when I discovered a gallery of photos from the set of Inception, the new film from The Dark Knight director Chris Nolan, currently shooting in Paris. I briefly mentioned my anticipation for the film back in April, when it was announced. I'm looking forward to it for a multitude of reasons, but mainly b/c Nolan has become one of my favorite working directors. He likes to incorporate a lot of darkly complex themes into each of his pictures, making them truly films for the "thinking man". At the same time, they certainly appeal to mainstream audiences. Contrary to popular belief, Inception is not Batman 3; that installment is not expected until at least 2011.

Some other reasons to be excited:
• Like all Nolan films, it contains a puzzling plot that's mostly being kept under wraps at the moment. We do know that it's "a contemporary sci-fi actioner set within the architecture of the mind". Cryptic, but intriguing indeed...
• It boasts an impressive cast, including Leonardo DiCaprio (three time Oscar nominee), Ellen Page ('07 Oscar nominee for Juno), Marion Cotillard ('07 Best Actress Oscar winner for La Vie en Rose), Michael Caine (two time Oscar winner), Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Brick, currently in (500) Days of Summer), and Ken Watanabe (The Last Samurai, Memoirs of a Geisha). Awesomeness times six. :)
• The flick is set to be released on July 16, 2010, the same week TDK came out last summer. Wonderful! Now, we won't be stuck seeing the same kinds of alien robot car chase popcorn flicks we tend to see in the summer.
• The budget is rumored to be around $200 million, and it will be filmed in six different countries.
• For musicophiles: Hans Zimmer is composing the score!
• The first teaser trailer (already!) can be seen with Inglourious Basterds and will debut online tomorrow.
Anyway, take a gander at some of the pictures. I wonder what's going on in this one.

My caption:
Ellen: You know, I was lucky enough to be in a movie that did well both critically and financially. Most people really liked Juno.
Leo: Um, excuse me? I was in the highest grossing film of all time.


Try it! See if you can top my lame attempt. ;]
(An aside: It's weird seeing Ellen in such a big-budget film. I'm so used to her work in indies like Juno and Smart People.)

0 comments: