Restless

I don't know if it's b/c of being busy or just plain writer's block, but my poetry this summer was not very prolific. Here's one I wrote a couple of weeks ago, somewhat reflecting how I've felt lately. I always feel restless by August, but this year I feel particularly anxious to get back to my hectic education. I don't know why.
By the time you read this, I will probably feasting on some delicious and authentic dim sum in 'Frisco's Chinatown! :)



Restless

The wooden chair creaks
as you shift in your seat
Head in your hands
You're having one of those days

Frustration is the mood
the state of mind, a common theme
of an otherwise peaceful life
You're losing your grip
on the meaning of it all

Your patterns shift
with no rhyme or reason
Open a book, then close it
Turn on the TV, and off it goes
That one, no, this one
Indecision, hesitation:
What's the right word?

This is the point when
your composed facade
seems to crumble
The gibberish is flowing
through your body
and ruins the page

Your conscience is unsettled,
your mind is unruly
Too bad you're not the waves.
But even they have to control their movements
so that the seas don't become
...restless.

4 comments:

Maria Sondule said...

I really like this post. I can just feel the tenseness in the lines.

Imogen said...

i like your third quote in words to live by.
writeaboutwhat.blogspot.com

Zany said...

I agree with, Maria. I could also feel the tenseness in the lines.

I love the last stanza.

I hope you are having/had a good time in San Francisco.

changetheworld360 said...

Thanks everyone!
@Imogen: Welcome!
@Zany: You're back! How was/is Pakistan? I thoroughly enjoyed San Francisco and am sad that I had to leave. :(