The Aftermath

These pictures are from a chilling 9/11 exhibit at the Newseum. Even though it's been a few months since I was there, these pictures feel very appropriate for today.

The entire wall was covered in newspaper front pages from September 12, 2001.


Rubble recovered from Ground Zero

I always find it fascinating just how much the events of September 11 changed Americana. Every single person in this country was affected by the horrors of that day, and those images will remain an indelible part of the fabric of America. Personally, it took me a number of years to realize the full effect 9/11 had on me. I was in elementary school, too young to even fathom what occurred, but ultimately, 9/11 was a chasm that broke my protective shell and made me realize how dangerous of a world we live in. We never know what kinds of uncertainties we will encounter in our lives.
It's true: We will never forget.

0 comments: