Today, instead of studying for a test over The Odyssey, I watched PBS Kids with my little brother. An Arthur episode came on. It was the one where D.W. reenacts the story of the Odyssey. I feel adequately prepared. MLIA [src]
Blerg. I'm not a huge fan of those seemingly banal and useless websites devoted to teenage angst (i.e. FML or MLIA), but I sometimes find some clever postings during my occasional visits.
Here's one from yours truly.
Today, I went to school and attended my classes. They were very uneventful, except for AP US History, where we watched a clip of the obnoxious, egotistical Sean Hannity lament the fact that only 1/3 of Americans can identify the Vice President; and lunch, where I discussed Shakespeare with my AP English friends and awkwardly channeled both my strange English teacher and my inner English nerd. I was subsequently a bit embarrassed for sounding like a nerd. MLIA
See what I mean? This is why I think sites like MLIA are just really lame and inane. They're just another way for angst-ridden teenagers to espouse every mundane detail of their lives out into the abyss that is the Internet. But that's what blogs are for too, right? Ever since its inception, I have continually strived to make this blog more than just an routine web diary of an over-stressed, nerdy, peculiar, suburban teenager, but in reality, every blog in the blogosphere is just another "walking shadow, a poor player/That struts and frets his hour upon the stage/And then is heard no more." (Macbeth)
And yes, I'm a nerd for embedding a Shakespeare quote in a sentence on a terribly meager and boring blog. MLIA :)
2 comments:
Aah! There's words behind the words! (it makes it a little hard to read) At first I read this post, and I was like, wait, does she have a brother? High five for me being stupid! :D
I know! I'm working on it. I really like the background, but I'm still tweaking the font and colors to make everything work.
Post a Comment