Finalement

YES!!!!!!!! Finals are finally over, so I can actually chill now. Obviously summer break doesn't officially start until 2:30 on Friday, but we're not doing many "educational" activities for the next two days. Even today was a pretty chill day: just a Bio final 3rd period, which I don't believe I did so well on...
You'll notice a new addition to the sidebar of the blog. It's a slideshow of some of my favorite things. I picked random ones to reflect my many interests. Hope you enjoy it!
In political news, the Democratic presidential nomination process has finally wrapped up. After the very last primaries yesterday, Sen. Barack Obama has reached the needed amount (a.k.a. the Magic Number) of delegates, 2118. That was modified from the old number of 2025, before the DNC decided to give 1/2 a vote to each of Michigan and Florida's delegates. Now, Obama can focus on the general election and how he will take on Sen. John McCain. Meanwhile, he also needs to consider who should be his running mate. There's no doubt Sen. Hillary Clinton is on his "shortlist" of possible VP candidates. In his victory speech, he acknowleged her strong campaign and commitment to the people of this country. Sen. Clinton has not yet conceded from the race but probably will very shortly. She has let it slip that she is open to the VP spot if Obama were to ask her. Speculation has been increasing on if staying in the race might be her strategy to win the running mate position. Many party officials believe an Obama-Clinton ticket might help them, but obviously there are a lot of pros and cons to it. One very good pro: it might calm down the bitter Clinton supporters. So will the "Dream Ticket" really happen? We'll have to see, but there's definitely a big possibility it might. Btw, there's a lot of this going on: "Clobama", "Clintama", "Hillarama", "Baraclinton", etc. Very cringe-worthy combinations there...anyway, that's all the politicking for now.

1 comments:

Maria Sondule said...

I like your post, and I like even better the news it says! Obama-Clinton would be a great ticket, but it might create some problems though...