Writer's (Reader's) Block

I am need of new ideas for interesting blog posts. From the beginning, my purpose with this blog was to discuss a variety of topics relating to just about anything. I've covered a lot already. So I'm searching my brain right now.
Hmm...I know this is a bit late, but the Wimbledon men's final on Sunday was spectacular. For those of you not familiar, Wimbledon is one of the four biggest tennis tournaments during the year (the others are the Australian, French, and US Open). Wow, what an intense match! 4 hours and 48 minutes of tennis perfection (longest final in Wimbledon history). Congrats Rafa Nadal!!!!! But kudos to Roger Federer as always for such an incredible match and for being a really good sport about (finally) losing to Nadal on grass. The women's match, although not nearly as long, was very well played by the Williams sisters. Go Venus!
One observation: none of my top 5 most anticipated movies have been released. :( But, The Dark Knight is coming out a week from tomorrow, so that's exciting! In addtion to writer's block, I also have "reader's block". Anyone have any good suggestions for books I would like??? Thank you in advance! Now I will return to catching up on episodes of The Office, Heroes, and 30 Rock. (This is what I do during the summer. I hardly ever have time to watch my favorite TV shows during the year, so I have no choice but to catch up on them now.)

2 comments:

Maria Sondule said...

You could look in the news for interesting topics and expand upon them... there are a lot of things there that are very intriguing.
You should read: The Lovely Bones (if you haven't read it)

Vizarya said...

Oh snap! The Hours... Meryl Streep *trembles in excitement* must... see... ^-^; I love Meryl Streep.
And Josh Groban.. and cerulean.. wow. You have one awesome blog. o.o

:D


Gah - you saw the Wimbledon tournaments! I was wondering what happened... (only caught one game that Venus Williams was in) -.-

As for possible topics to write of:
1. animals
2. weather (*bursts out laughing*) - or the type you prefer =]
3. plans for summer (in more detail)
4. things to look forward to & why
5. list of more favorites (if you like, I can ask you 100 questions to help with this one)
6. the last time you said something you didn't mean to say
7. what you think the politicians are thinking
8. Something that inspires you
9. Piano, music in general
10. Something totally random that just happened

(I'm sorry it's a bad list... but I did try to make it reasonable - I have still to read more of your blog to get a better idea of the things you like, but it seems pretty cool so far ^-^)