Empty Thoughts

The folks at About.com's Political Humor site mused about Tina Fey's return to SNL this weekend. Personally, I loved it; best sketch of the night. The rest with host Michael Phelps was all right, I guess. Realizing Michael isn't an actor and isn't the most eloquent person (coming from his poolside interviews at the Olympics), I wasn't expecting much from him. Although, I must mention a few non-actors have done well as host: Brian Williams last season immediately springs to mind. He was exceptionally funny for a non-actor. Back to this week, Michael had mostly small parts in his sketches and played himself in a sketch or two. So overall, it was OK, but it got some pretty high ratings, according to Nielsen. Obviously, everyone enjoyed seeing Tina's cameo. She got a lot of cheers and applause as the show began.
Right now, I'm busy and stressed as usual, so not in a very good mood. I am also a little angry at someone who keeps forgetting to give me the e-mail address of my friend who moved to Connecticut over the summer. I've given him more than enough time to get it to me. Apparently, this friend sent me e-mails throughout the summer that I never got, so I need to e-mail him. Plus, I feel a little bad that I didn't get them, probably a combination of him typing my e-mail address wrong and me writing illegibly in his yearbook. Besides being stressed, I am also kind of an emotional wreck, which is typical, so typical that I'm so used to it. But a lot of times over the years, I've wondered if this is just a phase in my life, if I can make sense of my life later on. When will things start to fall into place a little more? Maybe I'm searching for that peace of mind that I so desperately need.
Anyway, enough deep thoughts; going to work on my English piece. I'm suffering from some severe writer's block, but hopefully I'll come up with something to write.

6 comments:

Maria Sondule said...

Good luck with your English paper!

Zany said...

I hope you figure out the stuff that's going through your head :-).

G'luck with your English paper. Ah, homework I know what that's like. I just graduated from uni this summer.

changetheworld360 said...

Thank you to both! =D

Anonymous said...

i feel like that too. i cried for a while yesterday just because i was stressed and confused. i think maybe it's normal. but maybe i'm saying that because it happens to me. and yes, good luck with that english paper!

Maria Sondule said...

Ha ha, I finished my chem assignment early! Yay!

Claire said...

I hope you got through the writer's block, honey. It's such a trial!

Cxx