Wow, this is the epitome of random...

Kate Winslet & Leonardo DiCaprio rockin' it at the Los Angeles premiere of Revolutionary Road on Monday. (Courtesy of Facebook and my fangirl friend.)
I'm not much of a fashionista or anything, and frankly, I could really care less. But man, those two really know how to rock a red carpet!! :) Of course, it helps when you're ridiculously pretty in the first place. (Sorry for my unreasonable shallowness, but 'tis true.) As for all of us not blessed in the looks department, I have no hope to offer, or as my friend likes to say: "It ruins the gene pool for the rest of us!" (Ditto.) IMO, beauty is often overrated, but when you're also ridiculously classy and talented, I can totally let it slide. (Case in point: ^^)
With the various awards ceremonies fast approaching, I know a lot of people are really looking forward to the red carpet frenzy that ensues. However, I am not one of them. My red carpet watching normally consists flipping through the various channels that are covering the action, not paying particular attention to anything, and listening to my mother marvel at things like the "handsome men" (yes, including Leo). (It's incredibly embarrassing, and she also makes it very blatant when she dislikes someone's dress.) Bring on the glamour and glitz; they are inherently a symbol of Hollywood. But at the end of the day, I'm a film fan, not a stargazer. I will say this: it is a guilty pleasure of mine to watch the clueless entertainment reporters butcher names and make a fool of themselves. Their pathetic questions show that they clearly haven't seen any of the movies/TV shows or done any research. And plus, it's necessary to be shallow and ooh and ah at the fashions every once in a while, I suppose. Anyone have any memorable red carpet moments they want to share? I can't think of any at the moment, but I'm sure I will later.
Winter Break is almost here! I hope I manage to survive until then... for today, the great Love Actually is on TV right now. I haven't seen it in a while, and I feel like watching TV. Later.

5 comments:

changetheworld360 said...

[tangent] Btw, I'd just like to reiterate that I especially enjoyed all of your feedback on "George Gray". There is so much substance in that short little poem.

Maria Sondule said...

Sigh. I wish I could be prettier. Beauty is limiting in some ways, but it's nice to be able to look in the mirror and say to yourself, "wow. I'm pretty today!"
And yes, of course they look wonderful. The red carpet bows to them.

Zany said...

I love Kate Winslet's dress.

Anonymous said...

aah i love love actually.

and yes. they do look really nice togetherr.

changetheworld360 said...

Maria: I guess so, but overall, people put too much emphasis on looking pretty when other aspects of a person matter too.
Zany: Me too. Part of me can't wait to see what she wears to all these awards b/c she always looks stunning. I also admire the fact that she's very anti-body image and thinks Hollywood's obsession with weight is ridiculous.
Kibberon: I think it's a great holiday movie since it takes place during this time of year. It also reflects so much about life, specifically the importance of close relationships. :)