If bitch is the new black, then summer must be the new spring.

The weather has been odd lately: kind of chilly, then suddenly humid. I'm not a big fan of abnormal weather or humidity in general, so busy me is not particularly enjoying it.
I haven't been thinking in complete thoughts lately. School has been draining my mind of coherence. The year is winding down, but the work has only increased. Blerg.
The good news is I finally got around to reading A Thousand Splendid Suns, an incredible novel that paints a picture of Afghanistan's tumultuous modern history through the eyes of two generations of women. It effortlessly weaves fact with fiction and was equally as easy to read.
I am currently whipping through another fantastic novel, The Namesake. I can't seem to put the book down, and it has led to some late nights. I suppose it is because, not surprisingly, I can relate to it. The main character, Gogol Ganguli, is a first generation Indian-American struggling to accept his identity and his past. He despises his odd name and tries every effort to sever ties with the rigid traditions of his Indian parents. I see a lot of myself in him.
Lastly for some comic relief (read: procrastination for me), I imagine my fellow "Dunderheads" will greatly enjoy this ingenious video:
Only 3 new Office episodes left this season! (*tear*)
Off to rehearsal. changetheworld360 out.

3 comments:

Stefany said...

I really need to read A Thousand Splendind Suns- Thing is, I have about 7 books right now that are half read... Sigh.

Ugh, Ohio weather has been weird as well. Humid 85 one day, cloudy 45 the next.

Damn global warming.

P.S. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE The Office! That was the best 3:33 minutes of my life!

Maria Sondule said...

Lol, I love the video.
I doubt I would like A Thousand Splendid Suns, just because of my taste in books, but I might give it a try anyway, just for the sake of reading SOMETHING.

Zany said...

Urmm..I sort of mocked "Splendid Suns" in my recent post, so please don't think I am attacking you. It's totally coincidental, and I am mostly being lame in the said post.

I love "The Namesake", and I could also relate with Gogol. I like Jhumpa Lahiri's writing style. She points out one of the most obvious things, which one would not normally notice. I would also recommend her recent collection of short stories, "Unaccustomed Earth".