8 things I did yesterday:
1. Went to the dentist for a checkup
2. Watched The Office and 30 Rock (an aside: I think the video I posted the other day is a lot funnier if you actually watch the show and know what's going on. Otherwise, it's kind of odd. But isn't everything on that show odd??! That's why we love it!)
3. Studied the names of body parts in French (And to go along with that, we did the "hokey-pokey", "Simon Says", "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes", and other kiddie songs en français, which became slightly embarrassing.)
4. Sit-ups and push-ups in an effort to exercise more
5. Mass-studied for Chem test
6. Practiced clarinet concerto
7. Read The Namesake
8. Slept. (OK, maybe that doesn't count.)
8 things I'm looking forward to:
1. Forensics banquet at the end of month (senior speeches are always a lot of fun!)
2.
3. Writing a short story from an idea that has been floating around in my head
4. Family trip to San Francisco this summer (possibly)
5. Volunteering at various places this summer
6. Screenwriting class this summer at my local theatre (trying to develop my interests)
7. Performing my clarinet concerto with my orchestra (albeit majorly nerve-racking)
8. Did I mention summer?
8 things I wish I could do:
1. Compose a song (Even with all of my musical instruction and experience, I don't actually have a lot of creative talent.)
2. Run fast
3. Manage my weight easily
4. Multi-task efficiently
5. Volunteer in an impoverished country to witness real suffering/poverty
6. Have a career that I will completely enjoy (Is it possible?)
7. Be self-confident and get rid of my pessimism (I'm trying.)
8. Fit into society (I'm convinced I will always be an outcast, but who knows? Besides, lots of people achieve greatness from being peculiar. Maybe I just need to embrace my individual differences.)
8 books I want to read:
Dreams from My Father, Barack Obama
Outliers, Malcolm Gladwell
Unaccustomed Earth, Jhumpa Lahiri (Well, anything by Jhumpa Lahiri. I love her writing style.)
East of Eden, John Steinbeck
Julie & Julia: 365 Days, 524 Recipes, 1 Tiny Apartment Kitchen, Julie Powell
What Is the What: The Autobiography of Valentino Achak Deng, Dave Eggers
Infinite Jest, David Foster Wallace
In Cold Blood, Truman Capote
Blerg, this post is so boring. Need to write something interesting for a change.
P.S.: I apologize if I haven't been around to any of your blogs lately. I will catch up soon!
5 comments:
"Infinite Jest", and "In Cold Blood" are also on my book list. And, congratulations on getting into Columbia's summer program :D.
Lol, love your attempt at exercise... I do stuff like that too, but not this weekend; my back and arms are still sore from yesterday.
Composing music is a lot harder than it seems. Not only do you have to have an idea of what you want the piece to sound like, but you have to know how to create that sound. And I guess write lyrics, if we're talking something with words.
And good luck with your story idea! Will you share it when you're done?
2nd comment was me, sorry.
Hey CTW360, did you get tagged?! I had a similar list up on my blog which no one read.
;^(
Here's MY 2 cents that you didn't ask for.
1- Any Cavities?- or is that y's.
2- LOVE The Office- 30R, meh.
3- Some body parts happen to sound BETTER in French than others-oui?
4- NEVER admit to doing the "Hokey-Pokey" EVER!!!!
5- I'm more of a sit down- push around type.
6- You studied for your chem test in church?!
7- We should form a band & gig out!
8- I got nothin'!
9- Sleep? What's that?!
OK, I'm much too lazy to deal w/all the others!
Be well.
If you get a chance, check out my blog- I'm trying 2 NEW thangs that may be fun- TMI Tuesday & Wacky Wednesdayz. PLEASE feel free to chime in. THANKS!
Post a Comment