Election Day Landscape

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ~Mahatma Gandhi
I feel like another chapter of Americana is ending. After nearly two years of rising and falling, peaks and tumbles, momentum, downfalls, anticipation, punchlines, and everything in between, everything comes down to this moment. So, I urge people to vote today, regardless of who they support and the issues on their minds. This is your chance to make a difference, your right to take action, your day to fight for what you believe in. Do you want to make your voice heard? Secure your future? Take a stand? If so, this is your opportunity. Don't waste it! VOTE, because it matters. Below: some last minute inspiration from some people who really want us all to vote today.

And, if that's not enough, this song might help too. Lastly, I leave you with some pictures I took in and around my neighborhood: a few snapshots of suburbia in early November (both McCain-Palin & Obama-Biden campaign signs and more foliage).

5 comments:

Nugg said...

What an eloquent post! Really nicely put. That quote from Gandhi is my favourite quote. I often fall back on it when trying to make difficult decisions.

I hope your post inspires people to go out and vote. Did you? Or are you not old enough yet?

Zany said...

Excellent post! I hope people do go out and vote, the entire world is watching and counting on you guys =). (Sheesh, talk about pressure).

Beautiful pics!

Maria Sondule said...

I like the pic of the trees with the light in between them! It's so pretty!
Sry Julia was sick, although maybe it's best- you probably would've been bored over here anyway.
:-(
Blah.

Maria Sondule said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
changetheworld360 said...

Nugg: Welcome- glad to see another reader! No, unfortunately I was not quite old enough to vote in this election, but I've only got a couple more years to go. :)

Zany: Thanks again. Time will tell if we've made the right decision.

Maria: That's OK. Things happen. Bored? Probably not.